Bowbrook House Activies
The home has two activity coordinators who ensure the residents have regular access to a varied selection of entertainment and activity.
Sue Bramwell and Lisa Ball are both trained care staff but their main job roles are as activity coordinators. Sue is qualified to hold EXTEND classes to encourage residents to remain active whilst enjoying music. Lisa is also a trained beautician and manicurist.
A weekly activity schedule is displayed in the home and residents are able to join in as they wish. Families and friends are always welcome at any of the activities or events provided at the home.
- Musical evenings listening to music and joining in with percussion instruments
- Sing along sessions by outside entertainers
- Visits from local choirs, musical entertainers
- Holy communion
- Craft afternoons including flower arranging, painting, card making and pottery
- Baking sessions
- Quiz afternoons, board games
- Reminiscence sessions
Trips are also arranged to local events where possible and this would be at an additional cost, for example the Shrewsbury Flower Show, local agricultural shows, the theatre, boat trips and the local pubs and restaurants.
The home encourages and supports residents to remain active both within the home and within the community. Residents whose family live further away are also helped to remaining in contact with them through email.